How it Works
Deeper, less frequent watering encourages deeper wider root growth. Colorful Water Blossom flower basins catch and divert water through the hollow stem below the surface of the soil. Holes machined in the bottom of the stem spread the water in four directions throughout the root zone. The water seeps downward and the roots reach for it.
Water Blossom is easy to use effectively. Follow our simple guidelines below to achieve desired results. See our Testimonials page for customer feedback and scientific research supporting our design and the value of deep watering.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
READ ALL DIRECTIONS PRIOR TO ASSEMBLY OR INSTALLATION
Water Blossom® can be used in your yard, garden, patio containers or indoor potted plants.
WARNING: To avoid serious injury or death consult Miss Utility or your local utility service provider prior to installing this product. You must avoid electric, gas, and other underground utilities while installing this product. See also CAUTION below.
Not intended for use in untilled, hard-packed soil. Avoid rocks, tree roots, and other impenetrable objects to avoid damaging the pole.
Do not press down on or hold the decorative basin when installing your Water Blossom as it may damage the basin and/or injure the user.
Parts Included with full sets: (1) Flower basin, (1) stem with (1) pointed black tip
Assembly and Garden Installation:
- The stem and tip are shipped already assembled. Wait to install the basin until after the stem is placed in the soil.
- Choose your installation location, preferably between the root ball and drip-line of your plant. Avoid driving directly into the root ball.
- Push stem into the garden soil at the desired location using both hands. If necessary, you may tap gently with a rubber mallet to reach the desired depth.
- AFTER the stem has been firmly inserted into the soil to the desired depth, attach the flower basin by pushing firmly onto the stem. CAUTION: pressing downward on the decorative basin in order to force the stem into the soil can break the basin and may result in serious personal injury to the user.
- Add water to the basin or wait for rain.
Installation in Potted Plants
- The stem and tip are shipped already assembled. Wait to add the flower basin AFTER the stem is placed in the soil.
- Insert the stem into the soil by grasping the sides of the stem with either one or two hands and pressing downward into the soil so that all of the holes are below the surface of the soil.
- Potting soil is typically soft and hammering should not be necessary and is not recommended. If desired, you may tap with a rubber mallet, taking care not to drive the stem through the bottom of your pot.
- After the stem is in place, press the flower basin onto the stem.
- Pour water into the basin when your plants need water. Water will disperse through the holes on 4 sides of the stem.
- Potted plants often require more frequent watering than plants in your yard or garden. A cup water is adequate for small or medium size planters. Do not over water and provide adequate drainage.
If you wish to relocate your Water Blossom® to support a different plant:
- Remove the flower basin by gripping the stem in one hand and the base of the flower in the other hand, and pull straight up. If you have difficulty removing the basin, try twisting the stem while pulling up while gripping the base of the basin.
- Grasp the stem with both hands and pull it from the ground.
- If the soil will not release the stem, water thoroughly and repeat step two.
- Move the stem to the new location. (Remember to avoid utilities, rocks, etc.)
- Push the stem into the soil by hand, then reinstall the flower basin.
- If the soil is too firm to push by hand, you may tap with a rubber mallet to the desired depth.
- If you are still having difficulty penetrating the ground, relocate it or create pilot hole in the ground by driving a stake or dowel rod first.
- After the stem is situated in the desired location, reinstall the flower basin. Do not press on the flower basin while pushing the stem into the ground.
Additional Installation Tips:
- The easiest way to insert the stem into the soil is by grabbing the stem on either side with two hands, then with a downward force, push the pointed end of the stem into the soil.
- Keep pressing the stem into the soil until all of the holes are below the surface. Water will seep into the soil in all directions.
- The taller stems have more holes and are typically inserted deeper into the soil.
- If your soil is hard and dry, water thoroughly prior to insertion or till the soil to loosen it. You may also use a dowel rod, stake or other pointed object to drive a pilot hole into the ground prior to insertion.
- Do not drive the Water Blossom stem directly into the root ball as it may damage the plant.
- Place the stem several inches away from the nearest part of the root ball, within the canopy of the branches.
- Place the stem a few inches away from the nearest part of the root ball, within the canopy of the branches.
To clean, remove the flower basin by grasping it at the base and pulling straight up. Then wash with warm, soapy water.
If the stem should become obstructed:
- Remove the flower basin and then pull from the ground (see above)
- Pull pointed tip out using a pair of pliers
- Run water through the stem to clear the obstruction
- Reinsert the tip and then press it against a hard surface until it is properly seated
- If you should need a replacement tip, please contact us
WARNING / CAUTION:
Water Blossom® is not a toy. The bottom end of the stem is pointy and can cause serious injury or death if not handled properly.
- Avoid all underground utilities including electric, gas, cable, water and sewer lines. Call your local utility location company to determine where the utilities are located in the area where you wish to locate your Water Blossom.
- While handling or carrying your Water Blossom, always carry the stem with the point facing downward and away from the body, and the other end of the stem away from the body.
- Never run with the stem.
- Never throw the stem or flower basin.
- Water Blossom is not a smoking device.
- Do not pour anything other than water or liquid plant nutrients into your Water Blossom basin.
- If using liquid fertilizer in your water, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use and mixing of the solution.
- Water Blossom is not for use by children. Proper parental supervision is required.
- Remove Water Blossom from the garden if expecting winds in excess of 40 mph to protect the blossom head. Water Blossom LLC is not responsible for any storm damage to or from the Water Blossom.
- Do not crush the flower head. It is made from a hard injection molded polymer but can break if subjected to excessive force.
Water Blossom® is a decorative root watering and feeding product. It is designed specifically to provide you with an attractive accent to your yard and garden, and it enables the distribution of water and/or liquid nutrients below the surface of the soil to enhance root growth. Water Blossom is not to be used in any other manner or for any other purpose. The consumer assumes any and all risk of injury or death if he or she fails to follow the Instructions below or uses Water Blossom for any other purpose.
Providing the necessary water for your plants is only part of a healthy environment that they need to flourish. The health of a plant is affected by temperature, air movement, light, soil conditions, room to grow, and a myriad of nutrients. Soil conditions vary from region to region. We recommend that you consult your local garden center or extension service for assistance in preparing and maintaining the best environment for your plants.
Failure to follow all warnings, care, and instructions (below) can lead to serious injury or death. Water Blossom Creations, LLC is not responsible for any injury or death as a result of one of our products being handled improperly.